The Today is our Tomorrow festival is a year-long transdisciplinary festival with four public moments throughout a year.
Interaction between people, their acoustic worlds and the sounds of the environment that the listener hears and imagines.
1st public moment: 8th of October 2022 (Today is Our Tomorrow Opening).
– Presentations from Publics Youth, live audiovisual and sound performances
2nd public moment: 2-day workshop on the 17th to 18th April 2023 with the theme “The voice as practice”
– PUBLICS will be converted into a small audiovisual production studio
– Maximum of 16 participants (including both local and traveling participants).
3rd public moment: TBC; in collaboration with Helsinki Biennale
– Presentation of the work in progress by KMRU, an artist who is developing a score for a future festival for October 2023 in a form of a new vinyl release.
4th and closing event: September 2023
– Public seminar on the topics of voice and politics of listening
– Presentations on their working processes by Publics Youth
– “Rants & Raves” session
– Live performance by Harold Offeh
– KMRU’s sound performance